Bookkeeping Department Manager
Koda Bookkeeping is looking for a strategic yet detail-oriented bookkeeping/operations manager. Duties include taking ownership and holding accountable a world-class team of knowledgeable bookkeepers/accountants who manage multiple client files varying in size and industry. The ability to think on your feet and juggle many priorities is critical. Some systems-building may also be required.
The successful candidate will understand and be able to execute with little guidance the following tasks:
- Effective, motivating people management
- Staff support and a dedication to training and servant leadership
- Strong organization and planning
- General Ledger management
- A/R and A/P
- Payroll journal entries
- Revenue journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial reports review
- Identify, research, and resolve discrepancies
- Some client contact is required, and a professional demeanor and appearance in a virtual environment are required.
Who We Are
Koda Bookkeeping is a quickly growing financial company based in Boise, ID. We provide monthly bookkeeping, analytics, business development, and assorted other financial-related services to a variety of small, medium, and large-sized companies. We strive to educate the client and empower them in their future while providing superior service.
Where Koda really shines is our internal culture and positive work environment. This is our secret to success! We enjoy what we do and working with each other and believe having fun and supporting each other leads to better outputs and results for the clients.
Each team member is highly driven for accuracy and the best output of work possible, and we are looking for another member to fill out our growing workload for the long term! We put a lot of emphasis on fun and feeling valued and appreciated. We encourage, celebrate, and pay for growth and success.
We are obliterating the status quo when it comes to normal corporate structure. We practice servant leadership and focus highly on emotional intelligence, psychological safety, and fair respect and support for everyone on the team.
Our core values are critical in our hiring process. We are looking for the perfect candidate who exemplifies every one of these core values every single day to join our team:
- Have Tenacity and Determination
- Deliver an Exceptional Client Experience
- Maintain a Healthy Culture
- Practice Respectful Candor
- BE A UNICORN!!!
Fully remote, work from home, full-time rockstar bookkeeping/operations manager position.
Are you a natural leader with the motivation to self-start? Do you double as an accounting ninja?
Do you know how to navigate QBO, know how to problem solve and figure it out but also how to ask for help when you need it?
You will spend your days leading a team of amazing bookkeepers and accountants while also being an integral part of growing our firm. You will supervise and review work product, provide training and guidance, lead meetings while also helping to categorize bank feeds, reconcile accounts, enter journal entries, and review financials as needed. A cleanup or project will help fill your time outside of the normal recurring duties.
- Must have dedicated space to work and concentrate
- Own computer and set up to work from home (2 monitors, mouse, distraction-free work area)
- Stable internet
- Proven experience in QBO
- Ability to do payroll entries and reconciliations
- Ability to provide cleanup services - utilizing prior balance sheet balances, etc.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to maintain focus and produce superior work while working from a home or remote environment
- Experience in Dext a plus
- Experience in Bill.com a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail
- Willingness to do a background check and sign NDA/Noncompete
- Ability to navigate payment processors and softwares to locate needed information
- Ability to learn new softwares and determination to master the unknown
- Experience with EOS/Traction a plus!
Our Perfect Candidate
- Is driven and has a thirst to grow and be challenged. Excited to work and proud of doing a great job
- Has the ability to work on tasks at a high level consistently and accurately
- Is empathetic and has a love to serve others- we go above and beyond for our clients and staff!
- Understands taking ownership of the clients you are assigned
- Can be a strong leader with positive motivation but able to also hold the team accountable in a respectful way
- Exemplifies our core values fully
- Is extremely resourceful and able to research answers
- Is available to work full time, be adaptable, no task is too big or too small
- Understands the urgency of completing tasks quickly and accurately the first time
- Love to have fun and make the process enjoyable for themselves and those around them!
What We Offer
- Fully remote position
- Asynchronous work schedule
- Flexible hours
- Set your own hours
- Competitive salary based pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Creature comforts allowance
- Unlimited PTO
How to Apply
If you believe you are the perfect candidate for us and would like to be considered to join our team, please complete the following steps:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with "I'm your next bookkeeping manager!" in the subject line. Include your resume and tell us about yourself, including any links to website or social media that would tell us about you.
Please include the answers to these questions:
- What is your experience with Quickbooks Online?
- What is the undeposited funds account?
- What is your comfort level with writing accurate journal entries?
- Describe your experience in detail with e-commerce accounting.
- What is your leadership experience?
- What's the hardest part about leading a team?
- Why should we choose you?
Visit https://go.apply.ci/s/qEkFPmKY3M and complete our Culture Index questionnaire.
You will not be considered without completing the above steps. We are committed to finding the right fit for our team! Thank you for your time.